Indian Polity is one of the very important components in every competitive examination. The subject deals with the functioning of the state (government) in the country. This subject is a must for all categories of people to understand the legislative, executive and judicial systems in the country.Readers can download the each of the notes as PDF for free using the ‘print-pdf’ option
The Indian Constitution is the supreme law of the land. All other laws are made by the legislatures at the central and state level are made in accordance to the provisions of the Constitution.
For the reader it gives comprehensive understanding of the various constitutional authorities that are functioning in the country like Supreme Court, Election Commission, Union Public Service Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General etc..
Indian Constitution (basics)
- Historical background of Indian Constitution.
- Constitution of India: List of All Articles (1-395) and Parts (1-22).
- Indian Constitution Parts and Articles.
- Parts of Indian Constitution: A brief overview.
- Schedules of Indian Constitution: A brief overview.
- Must Know Articles of Indian Constitution: A brief overview.
Indian Constitution (topics in the same order)
The below mentioned posts follow the same order of Constitution of India and hence we strongly suggest all aspirants to follow the same for easy comprehension. Then build your concepts with respect to the three organs of the state, ie Executive, Legislature and Judiciary by reading the posts below.
- Preamble of the Constitution.
- Union and its Territory.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Fundamental Duties.
- Prime Minister, CoM and Attorney General.
- Supreme Court.
- Chief Minister and CoM.
- State Legislature.
- Sessions of Parliament: Adjournment, Prorogation, Dissolution etc.
- When Does a Bill Lapse in Indian Parliament?
- Types of Majorities Used in the Indian Parliament.
- Parliamentary Committees in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- Important Parliamentary Committees in Detail.
- Election to Rajya Sabha: The Procedure.
- Government Budgeting: Indian Budget for Beginners.
- Budget Documents Made Simple: Key to Budget Documents.
- Difference between Full Budget and Vote on Account.
- Cut Motions: Policy Cut, Economy Cut, and Token Cut.